President Obama ordered a raid against Osama Bin Laden instead of a bombing run because he wanted to make sure the terror leader was dead He wanted proof, not just a pile of rubble The unit had been under order to kill Bin Laden and not take him alive, officials said.That was a kill operation,The operation ended quickly after Bin Laden was shot in the face. His body was flown out of the country and identified through DNA samples and "facial recognition technology, The 54-year-old Al Qaeda leader body was then buried at at sea in accordance with Islamic custom, which calls for speedy burial,A watery grave was chosen to avoid the possibility of a burial place becoming a shrine, The raid was the result of meticulous planning over nine months since U.S. intelligence officials caught wind in August of the compound where they suspected Bin Laden might be hiding. also Obama said no to bombing the home because of worries about civilian casualties up to 25 people were living with Bin Laden in the $1 million compound,Instead, two dozen members of the Navy SEAL Team Six counter-terrorism unit planned the potentially dangerous helicopter raid on house in Abbotabad, Pakistan.The unit did two practice runs at an undisclosed location on April 7 and April 13Information about the raid was kept closely guarded - not even Pakistani officials were told - in order to protect the mission.
Monday, May 2, 2011
Thursday, April 14, 2011
i picked this article because it was interesting a woman in Manhattan said two cops raped her as she broke down in tears Thursday as she described how she was violently violated. The force of the attack, she said, but she was helpless to stop what happened next. Because I was so intoxicated, I was dead weight," "I couldn't say or do anything."The woman said she does not know if her attacker wore a condom, but she remembered that he said something to her afterward. the police officer said something to the effect of, 'Do you want me to stay?," she testified. Asked if she remembered anything else about the attack, the woman said yes.I remember he kissed me on the shoulder blade," she said. Officer Kenneth Moreno is accused of taking advantage of the 29-year-old woman and raping her on Dec. 7 in her East Village apartment.Prosecutors say his partner, Officer Franklin Mata, stood lookout.Prosecutors say the assault happened after the cops responded to a 911 call from a cab driver who said he had an intoxicated woman in his hack. They say the officers returned to her apartment a few more times that night.the two officers said they were with the woman, but they said there was no rape and that she was too bombed to remember what really happened.I was feeling happy," said the woman, who was moving to San Francisco. "I was definitely drunk and really excited."The woman said she shared a cab with three pals to the Southpaw in Park Slope, where she moved on from champagne to a vodka soda and a shot of Jagermeister.She said she was well past drunk when she got home and recalled that in one of her flashes of clarity a pair of cops walked her into her apartment.she sad she remember all the navy uniforms and the very distinct sound of the walkie talkies clicking off and on," she said. "The static sounds."The next thing she remembered was being in her bathroom and "hugging my knees and just throwing up She said one of the officers, who prosecutors have identified as Moreno, was standing over her.
"He was saying, 'Drink the water. Drink the water'," she said.His voice, she said, "was deep and definitely a New York accent."The woman said she blacked out and when she awakened there was "a man's arm around the rib cage and he's trying to lift me off the floor."My body was complete dead weight," she said. "Then I passed out again."When she regained consciousness, she was in her bed.I'm face down on the mattress, on my stomach, and my legs are out," she said.Then, she said she felt a "distinct"sensation.Somebody was rolling my tights down my legs," she said.The next sound she heard was "the rustling of clothes and very loud Velcro ripping."The bulletproof vests NYPD officers wear are secured by Velcro, prosecutors have said.I was so intoxicated I couldn't say or do anything," she said.
Wednesday, April 13, 2011
Just days after a kid in Detroit got drunk on tequila at an Applebee's, a women in Florida is claiming her toddler got tipsy after being served liquor at a chain restaurant. Jill Van Heest said her and her two-year-old son, Nikolai, were eating at an Olive Garden in Lakeland, Fla., on March 31 when the boy started acting strangely after downing most of his orange juice.witched Turns out that the been sipping on a sangria cocktail - a mix of OJ, pineapple juice and white wine. they were eating there dinner when the waiter came over and said there's been a mistake, I need to get you a new one and took the glass and kind of scurried away Van Heest said she got suspicious that the boy's sippy cup was spiked when he started getting rowdy.He was visibly drunk," "His eyes were dilated, they were red. He was now getting loud."Little Nikolai was rushed to a nearby hospital, where he received an I.V. to flush out his system. He was released a few hours later.Doctors don't know what the boy's blood alcohol content was, but Van Heest has requested medical records to find out.Doctors said Dill-Reese had a .10 BAC, higher than the legal limit for an adult to drive a car. He turned out to be fine.Applebee's apologized for the incident and said it was changing its policy for serving drinks to children.
Tuesday, April 12, 2011
i picked this one because it happened in a school A janitor at a Brooklyn middle school has been charged with repeatedly raping a 13-year-old student in the school's basement,on Tuesday Ambiorix Rodriguez, 32 from Sunset Park, allegedly attacked the girl alot of times at the Middle School of Marketing and Legal Studies in Flatbush, starting in September 2010 and continuing through January 2011, the girl was overheard telling a classmate about the encounters, and the information was passed on to the police Rodriguez was arrested late Monday.He has been charged with rape, sexual abuse and criminal sex act and was awaiting arraignment early Tuesday.The sexual contact was not forced the girl said but the girl is too young for it to be legally consensual.School officials said Rodriguez had been employed since 2000 and had passed a background check. He was immediately fired and his name placed on a "do not hire" list, said a spokeswoman for the Department of Education. Parents of students at the school said they were upset to hear about the assaults."That's crazy," said Tawan Brown, whose 12-year-old daughter attends the school. "I'm glad they caught him and I hope he does a lot of time."The father of a 12-year-old boy said he wasn't sure he'd keep his son in the school.My son just started MLS last September. That's upsetting," Laquendra Hammond, 27, whose 9-year-old son attends neighboring PS 268 and was planning to go to the middle school when he got older, said that wouldn't happen now.
Monday, April 11, 2011
A woman who threw acid in her own face and blamed it on an stranger she was told to pay a fine and get mental health treatment after pleading guilty to lying to cops.
Bethany Storro, a 28-year-old supermarket clerk for Vancouver, Wash., will pay a $500 fine, $4,000 in restitution and serve 240 hours of community service.
"I am genuinely and deeply sorry, I am getting the help I need," said Storro, who was wearing a plastic medical mask over her scarred face.
Storrro claimed last year that a woman she did not know threw a cup of acid at her, burning the skin all over her face.
After reporting the attack on Aug. 30, she received nearly $28,000 in donations, some of which she spent on clothes, train tickets and dinners for her parents, police said.
Police soon became suspicious after comparing photos of Storro to other acid attack victims.
She later confessed to wiping her face with drain cleaner for hours before claiming she was attacked, cops said.
The hoax was initially a suicide attempt that later turned into an opportunity to get cosmetic surgery, police said.
She was originally charged with theft, but those charges were dropped when she returned the $28,000.
"It is a very sad situation," Clark County Superior Court Judge John Nichols said during sentencing.
Subscribe to:
Posts (Atom)